Thanks so much Ahmed for your thoughts.

I remember a similar article was published in The Lancet in 2009 when the conflict was nearing its bloody end in Sri Lanka.

It definitely looked one sided so it attracted lots of criticism from some readers.

Those who were opposed to that article (like me) wrote back to the authors as well as to The Lancet to express displeasure and to allege them of propagating incorrect and one-sided information.

They simply said what Ahmed said; there is a human catastrophe and as a medical journal  they are highlighting what’s happening to the people trapped in the conflict zone.

I think that’s the case here too.

But I think the person who posted the link to that article in this email list, did not start a discussion, but just directed the reader and asked to participate in the petition (I stand to be corrected).

So, I have no reason to object for someone to redirect us to a page of a prestigious medical journal.

Perhaps the issue should stop there.

Warm regards,

Loyal