The definition of breakthrough is "it costs a packet" - and Sovaldi fits
the picture.

This kind of bullshit is replicated in the EU with so called early
assessment to get better, innovative drugs earlier to patients who
desperately need them. So the burden of proof is slowly being pushed back
to phase IV or beyond which may be observational, subverting Galileo's
methods.

What we should always remember is that Einstein's general relativity theory
(1915) was a theory and remained a theory until Eddington's natural
experiment during the 1919 solar eclipse confirmed that gravitation could
deflect starlight as the theory had put forward.

The rise of observational data (even non comparative) is an involution, not
an evolution. There are many culprits most of them in my profession (I am a
physician) and they will be held to account.

Greed and science do not mix.

Nite from Rome.

Tom.

Dr Tom Jefferson