From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Imogen Bowers
Sent: 03 July 2014 17:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SFE implementing proposed DSA cuts/changes already?

Hi Phil

Does this guidance apply to how assessor make recommendations within DSA reports or just to the nature of the medical evidence being provided by students to be deemed as eligible for DSA? Will assessors now have to consider how the disability impacts on day to day life and/or access to HE as this SFE staff member seems to be suggesting that assessors need to demonstrate how the disability impacts on day to day life in order to have recommendations approved.
This has huge implications for how assessors conduct assessments and how they make recommendations.
This needs urgent clarification.

Many Thanks

Imogen

Imogen Bowers