On the contrary, as someone who works on the cycle repair trade, in my
experience cycle use is definitely increasing in the UK.  I am always being
asked to resurrect a machine which has languished for a long while in a
shed or garage. Suddenly the owner wants to start using it again for health
or financial reasons.
The picture re cycle sales and ownership is complicated by the phenomenon
of multiple cycle ownership by some particularly enthusiastic cyclists !
Most days I secure an advertisement trade bike to a fence near my
workshop,  this means for about 30 years I have witnessed the constantly
increasing number of commuters.
Best wishes
Kevin