Thanks Mandy for petition.

I would not mind having a word with you about TTIP, the Bioeconomy and Steady State Economics at some point. Also the Carlyle Group.
Do we know where the National Science Foundation of the USA stand on the "Bioeconomy" agenda??
I do not believe some emerging technologies are regulated sufficiently or properly understood, so I am trying to keep an eye on the Trade Deals.

Trade Deals
TTIP - there is a day of action on 12 July.
http://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/martin-obeirne/nurses-fight-back-against-trade-treaty-that-threatens-nhs
http://www.waronwant.org/past-campaigns/trade-justice
http://waronwant.org/news/events/18143-no-ttip-national-tour-a-day-of-action

"The Center for Food Safety has published a thoroughgoing review of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) that is relevant to both sides of the Atlantic.
At the very heart of the corporate
impatience to tear up national regulations and food safety rules is the
scramble for control of distribution and supply chains. Where food is
procured locally, local buying power can support diversity and reduce
the distance food needs to travel, both now and in the post-fossil-fuel
economy that may be with us sooner than we ever thought possible.
Despite a European Union commitment to local food,
 the Center for Food Safety warns that EU negotiators are trying to
unpick US public procurement schemes under the Buy American Act."
http://www.arc2020.eu/front/2014/06/ttip-setting-course-for-food-production-carve-ups/
Avvaz Petition............https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/EU_DG_for_Research_and_Innovation_US_National_Science_Foundation_Provide_funding_for_research_on_the_growth_dependence_o/?cwnSPhb

"Currently,
there is minimal research on growth dependence. Leading economists,
for example, never
question growth. The empty promise of politicians is "smart, sustainable
 and inclusive growth". Similarly, the environmental strategy of the
OECD and the World Bank is
just “green growth”, there is no “Plan B”. And – as of now – there is no
funding for research on growth dependence, which can make one
pessimistic about
progress."

Mandy, do we know who is organising safety regulation of emerging technologies at the OECD with regard to their "bioeconomy agenda". Are there any conflicts of interest?

Thanks
Tessa