Hi David

I thought that the Part 2A regime was created to deal with the legacy of historic contamination. Wouldn’t contamination that occurs in the future be dealt with under the relevant permitting regime and/or the Environmental Damage Regs?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/environmental-damage-prevention-and-remediation-regulations-2009-guidance-for-england-and-wales

Regards

Christopher Taylor

Enforcement Officer