Dear all,

I am in the early stages of developing a project for young adults living in
residential care homes in Lincolnshire. The population is not one of special
needs or with mental health issues (although I'll need to check that out..).

This is a pilot intervention to develop  a self-empowerment model I am
'importing' from Italy and which is based on developing participants'
self-efficacy, internal locus of control, hopefulness and positive thinking.

I have never had chance to deal with this specific population and I will
surely try to get to spend some time with these youths at some point, in
order to have a better understanding of the situation and before getting
this project started.

I was wondering whether you have any specific suggestions (in terms of
readings or from experience) regarding how to get young adults which are
lacking motivation and interest, to engage in further activities?

(from my side, I'd like to adopt an action-research approach where I and the
youth work toward the definition of the project and its delivery.. which is
not possible at the moment..)

Thank you very much in any case.

all the best,

Fabio