Will be ready to go in  ~ 2 minutes. Matthias

On Jul 28, 2014, at 2:20 PM, Jose Manuel Duarte wrote:

I believe that ignoring hydrogen atoms is the default behaviour of any software calculating ASA values. Normally the VdW radii values of the heavy atoms already include the hydrogens implicitly.

If your input structure has hydrogens and they were included in the calculation it would result in over-estimating the ASA values. I'm not familiar with AREAIMOL but I guess it must behave in a similar way.

Jose