Try using DNA as a search model - this has worked very successfully in our hands before.

Tony.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dr Antony W Oliver
Senior Research Fellow
CR-UK DNA Repair Enzymes Group
Genome Damage and Stability Centre
Science Park Road
University of Sussex
Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RQ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
email: [log in to unmask]

tel (office): +44 (0)1273 678349
tel (lab): +44 (0)1273 677512

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/lifesci/oliverlab
http://tinyurl.com/aw-oliver

On 24 Jul 2014, at 12:50, dusky dew <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

DEAR ALL
I am trying to solve the structure of a protein DNA complex with molecular replacement. The resolution in about 2.5 angstrom.  The spacegroup is P21. The search model has about 50% identity and is a dimer of a dimer. The problem is the unit cell is huge and so the number of molecules in asu becomes 4 or 3. I am not finding any solution with phaser/molrep.
Please suggest.
Thanks
Yang zhang