An additional problem is existence of alternative conformations close to
rotational axis that violate crystal symmetry.

If we want to describe such correlated alternative configurations, we need
to describe also how they transform by such rotational axis.

This problems may also exists also for other packing contacts; however,
for conformations close to rotational axis, symmetry operator cannot
preserve conformer ID, and this issue cannot be avoided.

Zbyszek Otwinowski

>>I would probably make the two waters alternates of each other.
>

> Quite possible, but the group definition, i.e. to which alt conf. side
> chain they belong,
>
> would need to be preserved, too.
>

> BR
>

> Cheers,
> Robbie
>
> Sent from my Windows Phone
>
>   _____

Zbyszek Otwinowski
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
Tel. 214-645-6385
Fax. 214-645-6353