Hi Catherine,

At the Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute High Throughput Crystallization Screening laboratory we’ve just introduced SONICC and UV two photon fluorescence into the imaging process. I don’t think it’s been announced on the website (http://www.hwi.buffalo.edu/faculty_research/crystallization.html) but the images are now being sent to users routinely and they are proving extremely useful in identifying (a) salt from protein and (b) protein crystals that were not otherwise noticed due to obscuration by precipitate or other gunk. I highly recommend the application of these two techniques in your case. If you don’t have it available locally, while trying not to advertise, it is available to the community as a service - just don’t ask me!  The lab can be contacted directly at [log in to unmask].

Cheers,

Eddie

Edward Snell Ph.D.
Assistant Prof. Department of Structural Biology, SUNY Buffalo,
Senior Scientist, Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute
700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203-1102
Phone:     (716) 898 8631         Fax: (716) 898 8660

Skype:      eddie.snell                 Email: [log in to unmask]

Telepathy: 42.2 GHz

Heisenberg was probably here!