We allow lecturers to add themselves to courses (modules) via a homegrown building block. Lecturers need to confirm that they are the module leader or authorised by the module leader to get instructor rights on the module and then get instant access. If there are already other members of staff on the module, they are informed by email that someone else has been added. The building block is restricted to staff use only, and checks our directory to weed out some non-academic staff types.

We also provide faculty admin access via a hierarchy to a couple of people in each faculty for quality checks / similar