Good morning all

Thanks very much for the heads up on this.

I had tested the assignment tool but it had not occurred to me to test simultaneous submission.

I have just tested using four student accounts and three out of the four were affected, seeing the “could not write to private store” error.

Even worse, if you try to resubmit as one of the affected students you see the NPE message. As stated below Instructor cannot view either.

However, Instructor can clear the attempt and student can then resubmit successfully.

We are in the same position as you Julie, running SP12. I have our upgrade booked with Managed Hosting for first week in August but if there is no patch available before then, we will have to postpone. The assignment tool is one of the heaviest used features in Blackboard here and to knowingly impair its functionality in this way would be negligent, in my view. I would certainly lose all credibility with teaching colleagues. On the other hand, we must have full support for the system.

I will be logging a call this morning and talking to our account manager!

Regards

Phil Richards

Learning Technologies Manager

Room 105