Dear archivist/collection manager,

Directory of British and Irish Sound Archives

Recently BISA (British and Irish Sound Archives) launched a new online Directory of British and Irish Sound Archives. The aim of the Directory is to contain brief collection descriptions, information on access arrangements and contact details for all sound collections in the UK and Ireland.

Each collection can be searched by keyword, or browsed in a sortable table or via a map interface, at http://www.bisa-web.org/directory-british-and-irish-sound-archives

Staff at sound archives are responsible for completing and updating their own entries. To be eligible for inclusion, a collection must be maintained by an institution and provide online or physical access.

In order to make the directory useful, we need help from you to add entries. It takes just a few minutes via a simple online form to see your archive featured in the Directory. Simply email me with the name of your institution and I will send you a password to log into the website. Logging in is a prerequisite step to adding or updating your entry.

This service is provided for free, and you do not need to be a BISA member to add a Directory entry.

Best wishes,
Richard Ranft
IASA and BISA webmanager
www.iasa-web.org   www.bisa-web.org