Tina – I think Edinburgh Access Panel would be the people to contact:

They do have a website  http://www.edinburghaccesspanel.org.uk  that promises to answer most of your questions, but it looks as if it’s under construction at the moment – so none of the really important questions are answered yet.

If you are coming to Edinburgh to study, then LEAD might be a good organisation to contact, at www.lead.org.uk

They will have experience of working with students with disabilities at most of the colleges and universities in Scotland.

I would agree with the Canadian Visitor, that the old town and Royal Mile are really challenging areas, but it’s not all like that!

Hope this helps,

Very best of luck

Sue Sadler