The Esoteric Crossroads III: Art, Eros, and

Esotericism

Villa San Michele, Capri, October 30th, 2014.

Organizers: Dioscuri Institute in cooperation with

Thomas Karlsson, Stockholm University, and Alberto

Brandi, University of Naples “LʼOrientale”.

Art and esotericism have always been linked, both in

forms of magical sigils and as esoteric motifs in art

works. Another central theme in esoteric traditions is

eroticism as key to higher forms of reality. At this

conference we explore art, eros, and esotericism from

different angles.

The focus is in line with the ambition of the

Dioscuri Institute to encourage cross-cultural

exchanges of philosophical, scientific, religious and

esoteric ideas between Sweden and Italy in particular,

and northern and southern Europe in general. The

presentations will be around 30 minutes each between

12:00 and 17:00, with a lunch break.

The conference will be held at the legendary

Villa San Michele, built by the Swedish physician Axel Munthe,

San Michele is a Swedish cultural institution

on the beautiful island of Capri in Italy.

This is a collegial, informal conference without

sponsors. The recommended contribution is €65 for

speakers and audience alike. Coffee and typical Capri

cake will be served during the break and we will have

spumante after the conference on the terrace of Villa

San Michele.

For more information write to Dr. Thomas Karlsson at