Not sure if she was mentioned already, but Mary Butts is a unique figure whose fiction was not only influenced by the occult but influenced occultists including Aleister Crowley as it was her editing suggestions that he incorporated into Magick in Theory and Practice, Book 4, etc..   Not many other writers have maintained that status.

From: Robert Mathiesen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] British writers who are occultists

In my earlier reply I had not noticed Susan's time frame, roughly 1800-1875.  That makes all the difference.

One of my favorite Spiritualist authors falling within that period is Emma Hardinge Britten, who might count as English rather than American.  Even though much of her earlier work was published in the United States, she was English by birth and upbringing, and she had a wide readership in England.  Note her short stories on occult themes collected in _The Wildfire Club_ (Boston, Mass., 1861).  Later stories by her appeared in _The Unseen Universe_ and _Two Worlds_, but those journals were published after 1875.

Marc Demarest maintains a wonderful website about her, with scans of most of her publications, at:  http://ehbritten.org

I published a brief monograph on her, _The Unseen Worlds of Emma Hardinge Britten_ (2001), which I have quite recently made available in PDF form on academia.edu.  (I retained the copyright, so I can do that.)

Robert Mathiesen