Hope this helps.

From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shai Feraro
Sent: 26 July 2014 22:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] ASRR's special issue on contemporary
spirituality in Israel

Yes, I was expecting some idiot to jump and write something like that,
'Hermes' (how comfortable it is hiding being a pseudonym, isn't it?).....

I urge everyone on this list to follow what they deem as right for them, of
course, but here are my own two cents on why the movement for the academic
boycott of Israel is really misguided and stupid: In Israel, us academics
usually come for the left side of the political map, and are one of the
forces calling for peace and a two-state solution, with an independent
Palestine next to Israel. It is so sad that while many in the extreme right
in Israel who view us as 'traitors', some of our brothers and sister to the
academic profession from abroad try to boycott us, thereby actually
silencing a major voice for change within Israel.

I tell you what, 'Hermes': when you get the courage to form a boycott
movement against 'glorious' democracies such as Syria, or China - then you
might presume to come and lecture us Israelis about morality.

Good day,

Shai.

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Hermes Lapis <[log in to unmask]