Dear Nils,

Apparently SPM has trouble finding that file so something must be wrong. I suggest that you use the 3D source reconstruction GUI to delete your existing forward model and make a new one. If that doesn't sort the problem out, you'll have to put  a breakpoint in ft_read_vol and try to understand what happens or use a spherical model instead of BEM.

I suggest that you create separate copied of your data and DCM specification for SPM8 and SPM12 because mixing the two can lead to problems.

Best,

Vladimir