Dear SPMers,

I am using the EEG source reconstruction method in SPM8. Previously, I have not had access to participants' structural MRI scans, so I used the template head model. However, in my most recent experiment, we have MRI scans for each participant, but no way of reliably recording the positions of electrodes in MNI space.

I have tried the 'click'/'type' methods of coregistration (using M1, M2 and FPz and/or Cz and guessing their approximate positions), but my points do not seem to fit the head very well, presumably because my method of coregistration isn't very reliable.

My first question is does anyone have any tips for coregistering EEG and MRI data?
My second question is whether the MRIs displayed in SPM source reconstruction window are left-right flipped or not. I have not been able to find this information in the manual or in previous messages to the mailing list.
Finally, does the (0, 0) point in the MRI .nii file affect localisation?

Thanks,
Emma