I hope I’m not breaking a tacit consensus decision by the list to ignore this, but if not then it seemed worth knowing that The Faerie Queene is suffering what may well be a form of academic trolling in the Chronicle of Higher Education this week. Allan Metcalf, originally an Anglo-Saxonist but now a dialectician, is writing a series of blog posts about the poem which offer all of us some advice about editing and teaching it.

Cheers,

Beth

P.S. In a possibly related note, there may be no trolls in the FQ, but it is in (sort of) the movie “Troll.”

OHIO UNIVERSITY
Department of English

Beth Quitslund
Associate Professor & Faculty Senate Chair

Ellis 381
1 Ohio University
Athens OH 45701-2979
T: 740.593.2829