This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Hi All,

Please pass this on to any who might be interested: http://postalheritage.org.uk/page/placements

With funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, and in partnership with the British Museum, The British Postal Museum and Archive is currently looking to recruit a trainee to join its team on an 18 month paid training programme.

The purpose of this programme is to equip trainees with necessary skills and knowledge to work in the museum sector so we don’t expect you to have any previous experience. The programme will also support trainees to think about longer-term career opportunities, and enable them to gain real experience to refer to in future job applications.

Please note this programme is geared towards those below the undergraduate level. We are particularly keen to hear from people familiar with our local area of Camden and Islington.

We want to recruit the people who stand to benefit the most from the programme. If you already have extensive experience of working in a museum (upwards of three months, full time or equivalent, either paid or unpaid) or have a postgraduate qualification in a related area then unfortunately you are not eligible to apply. For more details and an application pack please visit http://postalheritage.org.uk/page/placements

Thanks

Emma

Emma Harper

Curator (Move Planning)

T 07736 786309

F 020 7239 2576

The British Postal Museum & Archive (BPMA)

Freeling House, Phoenix Place, London, WC1X 0DL

If I am out of the office for any reason, please address any urgent enquiries to Julian Stray at [log in to unmask]

Visit our website: www.postalheritage.org.uk

Visit our online catalogue: http://catalogue.postalheritage.org.uk

…delivering The Postal Museum

The BPMA’s on tour:

Last Post: Remembering the First World War: Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron, 11 April 2014 – 27 March 2015

Touring Last Post: Guildford Museum, 16 June- 13 September & Charville Library, 1 July-31 July

Great Train Robbery: Grampian Transport Museum, 29 March – 27 October

Please see our website for more information.

“Confidentiality: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment may be confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system. In such an event, you should not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person, or print it.”

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST