Tech xChange with Quentin Cooper

18th June, Imovation Centre, Milton Keynes
(Free & Open to All)

Join BBC presenter Quentin Cooper as he interviews some of the UK’s most pioneering scientists and innovators to explore how new technologies such as 3D printing, the Internet of Things and GPS, could revolutionise how we move people and goods around the world.

Professor Charles CurryFounder & MD Chronos Technology, Visiting Professor Universities of Liverpool and Bath
Professor Dame Wendy Hall – Professor of Computer Science, University of Southampton
Professor Phill Dickens – Professor of Manufacturing Technology, Nottingham University
Professor Andree Woodcock – Leader of the Integrated Transport and Logistics Grand Challenge, Coventry School of Art & Design

Going Mobile?
‘Out in the woods, Or in the city, It’s all the same to me. When I’m drivin’ free, the world’s my home, When I’m mobile’.
(Going Mobile – The Who, 1971)

Time was when mobility was equated with freedom – going where you want, when you want.   Increasingly though, it’s linked instead with frustration – being grid-locked or stuck or having to endure waits, delays, security-checks and other hazards in order to expensively get from A to where you want to B.

So can Intelligent Mobility really get us back on the right track? Automated vehicles, integrated traffic systems, smart infrastructure – we have the technology and the vision, but do we have the will and the wherewithal to bring it all together and transform how we travel?

Chaired by BBC presenter Quentin Cooper, this discussion will look at some of the most exciting new technology being developed in the UK and ask pioneers to imagine how it could change transport in the future. There’ll also be an opportunity for you to put your questions to the panel.

Book early to avoid disappointment.  Set off early to avoid traffic.

Meet the panel after the event at the drinks reception.

Register here:
http://imaginefestival.co.uk/tech-xchange-with-quentin-cooper/

---

David Burrett Reid
Head of Communications

Transport Systems Catapult Ltd
3rd Floor The Pinnacle
170 Midsummer Blvd
Milton Keynes
MK9 1BP

* New Office/Media Line: +44 (0)1908 359940

Mobile: +44 (0) 7508 023744

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Web: ts.catapult.org.uk

To learn more about us, watch our video

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com