I have a Google Search for "student" and “cheat”, which occasionally turns
up some interesting, if inflammatory, web sites. Here is one such, which is
a little dated now.

Tips for how to cheat Turnitin (Tuesday 12th April 2011)
http://cheatturnitin.blogspot.ro/ also at
http://cheatturnitin.blogspot.co.uk/

However, refining the search manually to “cheat” and “Turnitin” brings up
some other interesting links:

1) Turnitin - Can Students "Trick" Turnitin?
http://turnitin.com/en_us/resources/blog/421.../1650-can-students-trick-turn
itin
Some students believe that they can "beat" Turnitin by employing various
tactics. ... was featured in the New York Times article, "To Stop Cheats,
Colleges Learn …

This is the official view

2) 100% WAY TO BEAT TURNITIN WHEN SUBMITTING ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_3HFCeOvE
16 Sep 2011 - Uploaded by Binaural Beats for Relaxation, Healing, Astral,
Chakra and Spirit
This video will show you the easiest way to beat TURNITIN - Works 100% of
the time

I loved this comment:
"nick nack2 months ago (edited)
Well thanks to you i got kicked out of my program in college & this was my
last yr smh"

3) How to Cheat Turnitin - The Chronicle of Higher Education
http://chronicle.com/forums/index.php/topic,58811.0.html

A long thread about the issue

4) How can you cheat turnitin.com? - Yahoo Answers
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090518155849AAugcGj
18 May 2009 - as long as you didn't plagiarize you should have nothing to
worry about. ... there is only one way to beat turnitin, is by paying
someone money to do …

This was an interesting viewpoint:
"Lou answered 5 years ago
Even if you rewrite it you have to cite it, because you didn't come up with
the facts you thats stealing.
Turnitin also copies and stores Web content without permission. Unlike
search engines, Turnitin gives absolutely nothing back to Webmasters.
Turnitin just steals copies of copyrighted Web pages for their own profit,
and TurnitinBot uses up Webmasters' bandwidth. You can read a lot more here:
http://essayfraud.org/turnitin_john_barrie.html”
which is cited by the poster (!) as from:
http://www.essayscam.org/Forum/12/turnitin-system-how-work-92/ but not
available. However, there is a discussion of its contents here:
http://wrt-howard.syr.edu/stepaside/archives/2006/11/audience_purpos.html

5) Helping you beat Turnitin.com Since 2012 | MetaFilter
http://www.metafilter.com/136502/Helping-you-beat-Turnitincom-Since-2012
10 Feb 2014 - As long as humans rank humans there's a motivation to cheat--
so ...... Turnitin and computational tools are completely useless, having no
…

This has a lot of discussion of bespoke essay banks and the woes of bringing
a profit motive into education.

6) How to beat Turnitin | The Unemployed Professors Blog
http://blog.unemployedprofessors.com/how-to-beat-turnitin-com/
30 Mar 2012 - Yeah, universities are increasingly using TURNITIN so as to
catch what they call ... I used TURNITIN when I was a graduate student, and
a TA.

The article itself is click bait and actually tells people that they can’t.
However, some of the comments are interesting; varying from “I CAN cheat
Turnitin!” to “Please tell me how you did it?"

7) Can students cheat or beat the Turnitin system? - ASK
https://imperial.service-now.com/ict/faq.do?sysparm_document_key=kb_knowledg
e,0524d1c62b5f0dc0bf4aab00f8da1505
25 Mar 2014 - For more information on potential problems with Turnitin go to
our page on Turnitin Potential Problems Page(only staff have access to this
Plagiarism software can be beaten by simple tech tricks …

Sad that only Imperial staff have access to this :-(

8) http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/414881.article
20 Jan 2011 - ... has revealed that plagiarism detection systems such as
Turnitin that are routinely used by universities are open to simple cheats
allowing ...

Replacing letters with Bezier curves… The mind boggles!

--
Dr. Mike Reddy FRSA
Future Technology and Games | Technoleg y Dyfodol a Gemau

Tel | Ffôn: 01633 432 452
Fax | Ffacs: 01633 432307
Mob | Symudol: 07971 170 199

http://www.southwales.ac.uk <http://www.southwales.ac.uk/>

Confidential and legally privileged information may be contained in this
message. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the
sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else or take any
action based upon its contents. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University
of South Wales.

Fe all cynnwys yr e-bost hwn fod yn gyfrinachol ac yn gyfreithiol
freintiedig. Os derbyniwyd yr e-bost hwn trwy gamgymeriad, dylid hysbysu’r
anfonydd, dileu’r e-bost ac ni ddylid copïo’r e-bost na chyflawni unrhyw
weithred ar sail ei gynnwys. Barn neu safbwyntiau’r awdur yw’r rhai a
fynegir yn yr e-bost hwn ac nid ydynt o angenrheidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn
Prifysgol De Cymru