From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Bijan Aryana <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: June 13, 2014 5:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: A turning point?

Dear Heidi

Interesting example about the rules, I didn't see the issue from this
perspective . As I understand you have done this research in the 1990s. I
think after two decades we have more female designers and design
researchers. Do you have any example in mind that shows how contribution of
women gave - as you said- a fresh look in the design discipline, especially
in recent years? I am sure you can give interesting examples as you are
focusing on this topics since 1990s.

And by the way, I know that "gender"  is among the buzz words when we are
talking about any topic related to the society, but I also would like to
know you idea about other aspects and factors related to the "emerging
design". I just share this link again (sorry not a good vidoe, but a list
of influential can be seen in the video such as economic shift, gender
equality, etc )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSuFOph6Yd4

I appreciate your great insights!

Bijan