Lecturer in Design, Lancaster University, UK

Lancaster University (UK) seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Design with knowledge of the design/business interface. The successful candidate will join the design section of the Department of Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts (LICA) and will also be a member of ImaginationLancaster, a design-led research centre based within LICA. Based in the broad field of design, your research interests should demonstrate an awareness of contemporary research agenda in design including the link between design and business/management.

We are particularly interested in candidates with research and teaching expertise complementary to the activities of LICA. Candidates will be considered from a range of sector related disciplines such as product design, service design, and digital design who can address business themes such as branding, sustainability, innovation and corporate social responsibility.

You will be expected to: supervise PhD students, contribute to the development and delivery of our MA in Design Management, MSc International Innovation (Design), BSc (Hons) Marketing and Design and/or our forthcoming BA (Hons) Design Interactions; pursue international level research; and develop collaborative research networks both within, and beyond the University.

You should state which grade of post you are applying for and base your application on the relevant job description and person specification.

For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Professor Rachel Cooper, Chair of Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts and Co-Director of ImaginationLancaster (Tel: +44 (0)1524 510871, Email: [log in to unmask]) or Professor Stuart Walker, Co-Director of ImaginationLancaster (Tel: +44 (0)1524 510872, Email: [log in to unmask]).

For general information about the Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts and ImaginationLancaster, please visit www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/LICA & www.imagination.lancaster.ac.uk

Closing Date: Monday 23 June 2014

Dr Martyn Evans
Director: Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts
Lancaster University
T: +44 (0)1524 510875
W: www.imagination.lancaster.ac.uk/people/martyn_evans/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/martyn_evans