Surely all one needs is a quiet place?

I used to work in a place in which the audio booth was placed in a room that was subject to noises from outside at any time ie. vehicles going by.

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:09:24 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Mobile Audiometry Testing
To: [log in to unmask]

Linda,

I understand your viewpoint.

In a one off test situation you certainly won't miss someone who has poor hearing, if the conditions under which you test are below standard and any improvement in testing conditions are better than none.

However, if you want to track changes in hearing capability and spot those who are suffering an accelerated loss, would you not agree that you really need to test under controlled conditions?

Regards

Eric

Eric Greig
GM Instruments Ltd
Unit 6, Ashgrove
Ashgrove Road
Kilwinning
KA13 6PU
tel +44 (0)1294 554664
fax +44 (0)1294 551154

Visit us on Stand 29 at the ERS/ISIAN conference in Amsterdam 22nd to 26th June 2014

Manufacturer and supplier of:-
ASRA & OSICUS SCREENING AUDIOMETERS -- NR6 RHINOMANOMETER, -- A1 ACOUSTIC RHINOMETER -- NV1 RHINOSPIROMETER -- RESPIRATORY FLOWHEADS