A 52 year old Gent started on site yesterday and declared he takes eight 30/500mg Cocodamol every day and has done for eight years.
Needless to say the D&A Test was Non Negative to Morphine.

He states this has never been reviewed by his GP ( Continuous repeat prescriptions) and was of no concern to previous employers, and their OH Department.
Is it just me ? or would any of you act on this ?
I am not equipped with the necessary skills on this matter, but ..............................addiction ?  His pain ( Sciatica ) appears NOT to be controlled at all.
He also takes Warfarin 4mg daily  for Aortic valve Replacement 12 years ago
He is a Mechanical Fitter, I have requested a Job spec from his employer so that I may be able to carry out a  Manual Handling Risk Assessment
Can anyone advise/ give me a few pointers please ?
Thank you in advance...........................

Kind Regards
Annette Leavy
RGN Site Nurse

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: