I would urge caution about being overly focused on getting medical reports
from local practitioners as
1. Will it add value/increase your knowledge base or just confirm in
writing what you already know?
2.It can be very difficult to obtain as AMRA only applies to UK. Local
culture may not support requests for such reports etc.

As already said the ones  I've dealt with (India and Poland) I've done
exactly as any other case via telephone with consent but disregarding NHS;
most countries have websites for incoming immigrants describing local
healthcare services and culture e.g in Ireland you can wait over a year for
"emergency" referral for cardiac investigations unless you have private
health insurance which many people have cancelled due to recession.

Carr
On 6 Jun 2014 11:29, "Thelma Jameson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Tim
>
> It depends on the company concern policy and contract obligation between
> the company and employee.
> Should employee need to attend face to face assessment  with OH but
> refused them its a management issue. But if no policy exist then you coukd
> try video link communication with the employees. You could also find out if
> it is possible to obtain medical report from the treating doctor. However
> be cautious and always gain writteb consent for before getting the report
> to help your decision making.
>
> Thelma
> On 6 Jun 2014 10:24, "Tim Ellis" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>  Dear List,
>>

>> Does anyone have any experience of trying to case manage employees who
>> live abroad and are on long term sick? I have two academics currently, one
>> in Germany and one in India (7 and 3 months absence respectively),
>> steadfastly refusing to travel to the UK due to being "told by their doctor
>> not to"; they are also supplying their own medical notes and letters, we
>> have no way of corroborating these. I am at the point where I am telling
>> management to decide how they wish to proceed as I can't provide any other
>> objective advice.
>>

>> Your observations and guidance about the advice you gave to management
>> would be most helpful.
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Tim
>>

>>  ******************************** Please remove this footer before