Apologies for cross posting:

I am writing to alert members of the Open Access community to a workshop to involve users in the development work being undertaken through the Jisc Monitor project.

Monitor is a one-year project, which started in May 2014, to explore how a Jisc managed shared service might support institutions in meeting HEFCE Open Access policy. The project is currently scoping proof of concept prototypes to respond to specific use cases, and these will be used to assess the feasibility of, and priorities for, developing a service. Our initial areas of focus will be on the challenges of monitoring publication activity to identify what has been published and to ensure compliance with funder mandates.

The purpose of this first workshop is to inform the project's work by going further in capturing institutional requirements, identifying common ground and exploring variances in practice. We intend this to be the start of a continuing process of user engagement in the project, with optional opportunities for attendees to attend subsequent online reviews to test and provide feedback on aspects of the project's outputs as they are in development.

The workshop will be at the Jisc Brettenham House meeting rooms in London on Tuesday 8 July 2014 from 10am to 4pm.

If you're interested in attending, please fill out the event form by clicking on the Eventbrite link below:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/jisc-monitor-use-case-development-workshop-tickets-12060006805

Thank you.

All the best,
Frank

On behalf of the Jisc Monitor Development Team

Dr. Frank C. Manista
Community Engagement Officer
Jisc APC
Mimas