All,

The background to this is that many local environmental records centres use a piece of database software called Recorder 6 to store species and habitat observations, which was originally produced the JNCC.  JNCC are now thinking about moving away from it and supporting something else.  Therefore, records centres are considering how to respond to JNCC in order to make sure that any new investment in systems will allow LRCs to continue to function well.

Recorder 6 has functionality that allows it to be used to store information on collections, and not just observations, so it got me thinking about which collections might use it.  I know of one records centre based in a museum (Tullie House) that does use Recorder 6 to hold information on collections, but are there any others out there?  If so what information do you use it for?

Please feel free to get in touch if you need any more information.

Many thanks for your time,

Tom Hunt - Association of Local Environmental Records Centres