1. Is work in progress.  You can't stay worth a perfect product.  You get there via iterative process.  I agree that there should be correct pinning.

2. How do you enforce this for eduroam ? Jystv wondering as right now most eduroam clients will store their passwords for an authentication ;)

3. That's not for what I think you believe it to be for. They are certificates and you can generated them as you want.  That bit was nothing but 'just get that bit working' for the event.

4/5 very much moonshot architecture/design things and basis of certain choices......for Sam to add into :)

6. That's just current work in progress. 777 is totally unsuitable for a final product and the path was just whew or happened to be.  Since the event that path had changed,  discussions about user:group and permissions have been ongoing and work on init script has started. The advantage of this all being on a public wiki is that you can see those changes now.... and there will be rekeying.

7. Yes.... needs fixing.  If there isn't a bug reported for this I'll chase it up next week
8. Well, there are solutions. . This isn't a moonshot thing IMHO.

Alan