Dear Colleagues,

We now have a twitter account for the project: @MoodleGrades to help keep you updated with all of the new developments taking place over the summer.

Version 7.1 of the GradeTracker is now available from the MoodleGrades website. This release adds the ability for learners to confirm that they have viewed feedback left via the grade tracker and add their own comments on unit completion. Other new features that were included in the version 7.0 release were:

·         A wide range of performance improvements

·         More reporting tools

·         Ability to export offline marking spreadsheets

·         Assignment scheduler

·         Improved graphical interface

If you are not currently using V7.1 we strongly recommend that you upgrade to this version as it provides a much better experience for both staff and students. Full details of all of the feature enhancements available in the system are described on MoodleGrades.

We are also looking at running some workshops and would be interested in hearing:

1.       When would be the best time for you or your colleagues to attend a workshop (e.g early summer, very start of new academic year etc)

2.       What content you would like to see covered (e.g GradeTracker configuration, setting up qualifications, updating trackers and providing learner feedback, working with online assessments etc.)

If you have time, we would also welcome a quick email letting us know how you are planning to use the GradeTracker in the coming year. We are already working with a number of colleges to support them in large-scale cross-college roll-outs of the GradeTracker for the new academic year.

We have redeveloped the MoodleGrades project website at http://moodlegrades.bedford.ac.uk. The new website is built on Moodle 2.6 and features a much better range of demonstration courses showing the capabilities of the Bedford College GradeTracker.

In addition to the module downloads area and demonstration courses, MoodleGrades will feature an extensive suite of online tutorials on all aspects of GradeTracker use including installation and set-up, configuring and editing BTEC, C&G, A/AS Level and other families of qualifications, updating student outcomes and providing feedback and linking Moodle assessments and assignments to specific units and criteria.

All accounts from the old project website should have been ported across to the new site. If you need to be reminded of your username and password, or do not currently have an account and would like to download and try the MoodleGrades plug-in, please email me at [log in to unmask]

If you are unfamiliar with the GradeTracker:

The GradeTracker provides easy to use learner, unit and class tracking grids to solve the problem of managing unit/criterion based qualifications. It has tools for calculating minimum targets from prior qualifications, setting aspirational targets for stretch and challenge and predicting grades from progress against qualifications.

The system supports easy set-up and customisation of qualifications and the creation of individualised programmes of study for learners. Support is in place for all BTEC, C&G and A/AS Level qualifications and many other families can be accommodated through the bespoke module. Learner feedback can be provided at qualification, unit and criterion levels.

The GradeTracker includes tools for mapping on-line assessments, quizzes and other gradable activities in Moodle to specific units and criteria in tracking grids so that tracking grids are automatically updated when work is submitted or completed. Teachers can mark on-line or export marking spreadsheets so that they can mark assignments and add comments at criterion level offline on their laptops and then import the spreadsheet for bulk updating of tracking grids. A wide range of reports can be generated to show how groups and individual learners are performing against their targets.

The GradeTracker is available free for use by UK FE institutions.

Best wishes

         Roy

Roy Currie

Director of Information and Learning Technologies

Bedford College

Tel: 01234 291300