Hello all,

As some of you know, we are extending the IPTC schema to include more heritage fields, and Greg Reser (VRA) and I  are working with a group of heritage professionals on a wider schema (SCREM)  to allow use of embedded data in the museum workflow.

In that respect I am very interested in how people use images from Museum sites. I think we can assume that people will click-download resources from a number of different sites to use in teaching, research and so on. The existence of embedded data makes these downloaded images usable and useful. The point is that people don't want to be limited to working in any particular website environment  - they also want to cast a wide net and create their own virtual lightbox, just as picture researchers have always done.

See the neat little utility MetadashotPpt which creates Powerpoint presentations showing embedded metadata on screen and/or in the teaching notes.
http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/w/page/78388328/MetaShotPpt-Mac

It's so easy, I demonstrated it live at the IPTC conference. Anyone could use it.

So any information anyone has about how people are using collections images and data would be useful!

Sarah