Dear all,

Back in February I mentioned on the list that I was working with others on a Jisc guide to making digital resources easier to discover. This guide, along with other outputs from the Jisc "Spotlight on the Digital" project has now been published.

For an overview of all the work from the project this blog post from David Prosser (Director of Research Libraries UK) gives a good overview http://www.jisc.ac.uk/blog/action-on-discoverability-03-jun-2014
Paola Marchionni has also posted a link to all the Spotlight on the Digital recommendations and output at http://digitisation.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2014/06/03/spotlight-on-the-digital-final-recommendations-and-outputs/

The guide itself is available at http://www.jisc.ac.uk/guides/make-your-digital-resources-easier-to-discover

The guide covers  a wide range of approaches to making digital resources easier to discovery. Each approach is linked back to research on how users search and discover digital resources (summarised at http://www.jisc.ac.uk/guides/how-do-users-find-your-content), as well as linking to organisation strategic aims as identified by university libraries (some of which maybe shared by museums, but clearly there are some differences here).

I hope the guide is of interest and useful, and I'd be very interested to hear what people think.

Thanks

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting