From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mar Dixon
Sent: 24 June 2014 16:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MCG] Google Explorer

I've had Glass for little over 6 months. My original intention was to see how they could be used in cultural venues but no one has taken me up on the offer to use them.  Excuses have been mainly that Glass is stupid and/or going to fail, etc.  Sad that such strong opinions were formulated before anyone really had a go with them.

I've done a few research workshops where I gave the Glass to people and listened to how they want to use them.  The bottom line was many found a reason to think about getting them (once, of course, the price came down).
 Most of the really good ideas related to health/accessibility so not really cultural specific.  However, it does indicate that the general public will be more receptive to wearable tech in the near future.

Personally, I'm not quite sure what or where museums can use Glass.
 Wearable tech is suppose to be innovative and pushing data that can be found on your website onto your eye is not innovative. The challenge is to stop looking at what we already have available and look at what is missing
- then creating a unique response to that need.

Not sure museums are up for the challenge as many are still concentrating on apps.  My offer for museums / developers to use my Glass still stands though. :-)

On 24 June 2014 10:23, Graham Davies <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Just want to bring this topic to the surface again...
>
> Is anyone out there looking to develop anything or experiment with
> Google Glass for cultural organisations?
>
> Just wondering before considering the 'Glass Explorer Programme'
>

> Thanks,
> Graham Davies
> Digital Programmes Manager
> Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales

>        website:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/
>        Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
>       Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup
>  [un]subscribe:  http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

*** This email, and any attachments, is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender. Any request for disclosure of this document under the Data Protection Act 1998 or Freedom of Information Act 2000 should be referred to the sender. [disclaimer id: HCCStdDisclaimerExt] ***

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg