From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sian Woodward
Sent: 30 June 2014 16:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Augmented Reality in UK Museums

We are currently developing a new North Hertfordshire Museum which will amalgamate the collections of the former Hitchin and Letchworth Museums, and are working with our designers on developing displays.

One of the things that our designers would like to develop is an Augmented Reality installation using a 3D form and some tethered tablets. While this sounds like an exciting and interesting prospect to most of the team, there are some key people who remain unconvinced, concerned that few museums seem to have employed this. They would like more evidence that this is a tested technology, and would like to know of examples that they might be able to see in action.

Can anyone suggest any projects or uses of AR in museums or heritage sites in this country that might demonstrate AR in action, particularly that team members might be able to visit?

Best Wishes

Sian Woodward
Curator
Letchworth Museum