Dear all,

A very interesting thread! It would be great if schema.org mark-up would be used by museums, and this can help.

Europeana been involved in Owen's points #2 and #4 through the Schema Bib Extend Community Group, but above all we've also released schema.org using what we could re-use.
An example of marked-up page:
http://europeana.eu/portal/record/2022311/0F98C4A3586F860BF720D42871148FF8E98AA2EE.html (from CultureGrid)
The resulting data:
http://bit.ly/1kC3q73
I attach our latest 'mapping rules' between the Europeana Data Model and schema.org.
Note that we don't have location or exhibition info to publish!

Note also that in agreement with what Richard has said, we've been publishing data in RDFa using both the schema.org vocabulary and other vocabularies.
The assumption is that the schema.org would be liked more by basic search engines developers (and like-minded developers of other web services). But we've not encountered a case of re-use of schema.org mark-up (not any of or other RDFa mark-up, there since three years). Nor have we really measured whether it made a difference in terms of SEO.
Actually the latest I've heard was that the number of schema.org-indexed pages is still a fraction of the 33M objects we serve.

More specific points:

- collections: our data model has an extension/profiles for collections:
http://pro.europeana.eu/documents/900548/90890f64-777b-40d6-af78-593864a41072
Maybe interesting to look at, if people want more properties to fit in schema.org for collections. But the existing http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Collection covers a lot of ground already!

- meetings: we are certainly interested in continuing discussions, if this can help us serve better our partners (both data providers and consumers)!
It's a pity I'm traveling away from London on the 24th and cannot consider Nick's hint.

Best,

Antoine