Dear Museums Computer Group Members,

I'm undertaking some research into how Galleries, Libraries, Archives and
Museums budget and plan digitization projects, and in particular, I'm
looking for insights and guidance on areas people tend to under-cost, or
aspects of projects that institutions should pay particular attention to
when putting project plans together.

I've put together a short survey to collect any advice you would have for
those about to plan and budget digitization projects, and I would
appreciate any input you had: https://opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=31273

The survey closes at the end of August 2014, after which I will write up my
findings (no doubt on my blog, but also hopefully in a publication) and I
will share major findings then.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any queries about this
research, and please do share with anyone else who you think could help me
with this research.

best wishes,

Melissa

Melissa M. Terras MA MSc DPhil CLTHE
Professor of Digital Humanities
Director, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
Department of Information Studies
Foster Court
University College London
Gower Street
WC1E 6BT

Tel: 020-7679-7206 (direct), 020-7679-7204 (dept), 020-7383-0557 (fax)
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/melissaterras
Twitter: @melissaterras

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg