Dear members of MELCOM UK,

I hope this finds you all well.

There has been a great deal of negotiation with the Brismes organising board lately. We will have the final programme for the day very soon, but this is the provisional one:

Schedule of core MELCOM events:

10:30-11:00         tea and coffee, Jubilee Building atrium
11:00-13:00         board meeting, Jubilee Building, Room TBC
13:00-14:00         brownbag lunch, Jubilee Building atrium
14:30-15:30         Pearson memorial lecture, Jubilee Building 144

In order to facilitate the booking of the venue, it would greatly help if you could let me know today whether you are going to participate in the meeting. For those of you who are not attending the whole BRISMES conference but are just there for the day, there will be a participation fee of £25. This will include the morning tea/coffee, the lunch and the possibility to attend the two sessions preceding our meeting as well as the one following it (details on the BRISMES website here http://www.brismes2014.co.uk/programme.html )

I apologise for the last minute notice.

I hope many of you will be able to participate and I look forward to hearing from you today.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
MariaLuisa

MariaLuisa Langella, DPhil
Assistant Librarian

Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, George Street, Oxford OX1 2AR
Tel: +44 (0)1865 278743; Fax: +44 (0)1865 248942
Web: www.oxcis.ac.uk
A Recognised Independent Centre of the University of Oxford