And apologies to all of you for the hideous mangling of spacing and font that seems to have taken place in cyberspace somewhere between the message being sent and it hitting your inboxes. It was a masterpiece of formatting when I hit ‘Send’, honest guv…

From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bishop, Tom
Sent: 24 June 2014 12:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Early warning - Royal College of Surgeons of England Library summer refurbishment closure

Dear all,

Please bear this in mind, particularly if you have library members/users who are RCS members, or if you refer enquirers in our direction… Thank you!

Temporary closure of RCS Library: Friday 1st August – Monday 1st September 2014 inclusive

The Library of the Royal College of Surgeons of England will be closed for refurbishment from 17.30 on Thursday 31st July. It will re-open at 09.30 on Tuesday 2nd September.

During the closure we will be unable to accommodate Members, Fellows or researchers wishing to view historical materials (i.e. archives or rare books and pamphlets).

The Lumley Study Centre will also be closed to users during this period.  Loan periods for textbooks will be extended. Users are requested to borrow or renew their loans by 17.00 on Thursday 31st July.  Online library services will be available throughout this period: http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/library/online-services

We will continue to provide a normal enquiry service, but the document delivery service may be reduced if we are unable to access journals affected by refurbishment work.

Please send enquiries to one of the following addresses during the closure:

Archives:

Library:

e-Journals/logins:

Document delivery:

Thanks,

Tom.

Tom Bishop | Head of Library and Surgical Information Services

The Royal College of Surgeons of England | 35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields | London WC2A 3PE

t: 020 7869 6530 | e: [log in to unmask] | w: http://www.rcseng.ac.uk