Hi there

The Royal Society of Medicine Library has 2 exciting Senior Library Assistant vacancies. See below for details.

Senior Library Assistant: Document Delivery

The Royal Society of Medicine Library is one of the largest postgraduate biomedical libraries in Europe providing a full range of services to the Society’s c.20,000 Members. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Customer Services Team that provides document delivery, literature searches and a wide range of user education activities. You will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day running of the document delivery service, ensuring that all deadlines are met and appropriate copyright procedures are followed. You will be the first port of call for the document delivery library assistants and will also be involved in the training and professional development of new members of staff in the document delivery team.

Senior Library Assistant: Customer Services

 We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Customer Services Team that provides document delivery, literature searches and a wide range of user education activities. You will be expected to have significant experience in medical literature searching along with knowledge of current awareness services. All Library staff work on the enquiry desk (including regular evening and Saturday duties) on a rota basis which would be a key area of this position along with the management of the issue/enquiry desks.

The Library is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Significant advancements are taking place focusing on the library as a multifunctional space, while recognising the increasing importance of e-resources.
If you would like further information on this post please go to:

To apply, please send a letter of application and full CV (giving details of two referees) to:
Natalie Randall, Library Services, Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London W1G 0AE. Alternatively you can e-mail [log in to unmask] Please provide an email address for contact.

The closing date for applications is Monday 16th June 2014and interviews will be held the following week.