Hi Carol

Attached is a newsletter containing links to dyslexia tools.

We find BBC Skillswise and Bitesize to be good web-based resources.

http://www.grammarly.com/handbook/ good explanations

http://www.echalk.co.uk/  good games, sometimes a free trial is available

"Johnny Grammar" produced by the British Council is available as an app, though aimed at ESOL learners it may be useful.

Kahoot is great for creating your own quizzes.

I’ve only looked briefly at the  following ipad apps  but couldn’t comment on their usefulness for learners with dyslexia.

Egrammar English tenses

Homophone

Test your English grammar from grammar express

English grammar

Practice English grammar 2

Wordblender (hard to use)

Grammar lite

These were recommended:

Find the word

Ginger spelling and grammar

Itooch

Practise English Grammar

Word Hero

Shake-a-phrase (£1.24)

Mind over monster

Not exactly what you asked for, but good for encouraging literacy. These are good for creating comic style resources and may engage students:

Storyboard that

https://www.storyboardthat.com/storyboard-creator

Example:

https://www.storyboardthat.com/userboards/cuteasbutton/a-midsummer's-night's-dream

Pixton

http://www.pixton.com/uk/

Tellagami

https://tellagami.com/

These were recommended resources from the Guardian. Haven’t tried these.

Phonemes revisions

Medium frequency words

CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words

Suffixes

Using ‘ed’ to support reading and spelling

Homonyms

Syllables

High frequency words

Spelling rules

100 most used words

Would be interested in hearing back if you find others.

Thank you

Amanda Braund
Learning Resources Co-ordinator

Talk.

See.
Visit.

| +44 (0) 121 477 1781

| bournville.ac.uk
| Bournville College, Longbridge Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2AJ
| Sat nav ref. B31 2TW

Follow us. | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | Vimeo | Flickr
World Skills UK

How did I do?

Click on a face to provide feedback on my performance!