Final reminder that there are still places available for this free event!

*Twilight Unconference 2014 (Free event)*

“Are we at a crossroads in education?
What are the biggest issues facing the Information Profession?”

Thursday 26th June 5.00 - 7.00pm

One College, Scrivener Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP8 3SU

The first One College Unconference is open to all Librarians and Information Professionals working in the secondary, FE and HE sectors in the East of England region to network during a relaxing summer evening.

The theme for this event is “Are we at a crossroads in education? What are the biggest issues facing the Information Profession?” – For specific topics for discussion, please add them to our wiki:

https://oneunconference2014.wikispaces.com/

Or decide on the day!

Some examples of discussions could include:

·         How can we engage with social media to enhance the services we provide?

·         What skills are essential for students to acquire as they progress through their academic journey?

·         What can we do to provide a quality service with an ever reduced budget?

·         How can electronic resources be effectively promoted so they are used as proficiently as paper based materials?

*So what is an Unconference?*

An Unconference is where participants decide on the programme at the beginning of the event, working on the principle that the sum of the knowledge, experience and expertise of the people in the room is likely to be greater than that of those on the stage at traditional conferences. The idea is based on "Open Space Technology" (Harrison Owen) which has four main principles and one law:

1. Whoever comes is the right people
2. Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
3. Whenever it starts is the right time
4. When it's over, it's over

Law of two feet: If, during the course of the gathering, any person finds him or herself in any situation where they are neither learning nor contributing, they must use their two feet and go to some more productive place.

*About One*

One is an inclusive Sixth Form College located in Ipswich, Suffolk and is a £75m project which opened in September 2010. We offer an extensive range of Post-16 courses including: A Levels, BTEC Diplomas, GCSE re-sits and courses in Foundation Learning.  Tours of the building can be arranged during the Unconference, if participants are interested in seeing our facilities.  The College is easily accessible from the A14.

Sign up free of charge below by Friday 20th June:

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/twilight-unconference-2014-for-those-in-secondary-fehe-info-library-tickets-11569174713?aff=eorg

Refreshments will be provided.

*For more information, contact:*

Craig Martin
e-Learning Manager
One, Scrivener Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP8 3SU

www.suffolkone.ac.uk

@elearningatone

Emails sent to and from the Suffolk One network will be monitored in accordance with the law to ensure compliance with policies and to minimise any security risks. The views expressed are those of the sender and not necessarily those of Suffolk One. The information contained in this email or any of its attachments may be privileged or confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and delete the email from your system.