Dear Colleagues,
I apologize for cross-posting but I am posting this enquiry on behalf of
Conservator Mary Garner at National Conservation Service, www.ncs.org.uk.

She is currently investigating the use of RFID tags and their suitability
for a mixed collection in a members club with extensive collections on the
walls in the libraries as well as function rooms. Some of the books are
valuable, old, rare and others not. She says, "I understand that the
Vatican and Max Plank institute have found ph-neutral tags but I wasn't
sure what the general consensus was."

If your library has experience using the tags for rare and antiquarian
books and would be willing to discuss with Mary, or if you considered it
and decided against, please contact her at mary
@marygarner.co.uk

Thank you and best wishes,
Erica Foden-Lenahan
Editor, A*rt Libraries Journal*