I hope Ian won’t mind me sharing this, but this came up during my time at the Highland HER. Significant peat deposits were present on the island of Raasay, associated with a Mesolithic lithic scatter. The record is online http://her.highland.gov.uk/SingleResult.aspx?uid=MHG52892 showing how I ended up recording it, which may or may not be what others would do?

Sylvina

Sylvina Tilbury

exeGesIS SDM Ltd

Great House Barn

New Street

Talgarth

LD3 0DE

Tel. (direct) 01874 713065

Tel. (office) 01874 711145

fax: 01874 711156
email: [log in to unmask]

For current GIS training courses please visit:

MapInfo - http://www.esdm.co.uk/mapinfo-courses

ESRI ArcGIS - http://www.esdm.co.uk/arcgis-courses

Quantum GIS - http://www.esdm.co.uk/quantum-gis-qgis-courses

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, the email and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of exeGesIS SDM Ltd unless confirmed by a signed communication.
exeGesIS SDM Ltd will make every effort to keep its network free of viruses.  However, the recipient of this message will need to scan this message, and any attachments, for viruses, as exeGesIS SDM Ltd can take no responsibility for any computer virus that might be transferred by this email.

Registered in England and Wales : Great House Barn, New Street, Talgarth, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0AH                Company Number : 3743089            VAT number : 73647312