I’ve been told you can’t access the link if not an ALL member – so if anyone is interested in seeing the PDF, please let me know.

From: JISCmail German Studies List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicola McLelland
Sent: 04 June 2014 09:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Why learn German?

Some colleagues may be interested in my short and very “lite” article about reasons for learning German since 1600 in the Association for Language Learning’s online journal for German language teachers, Deutsch Lehren und Lernen

http://journals.all-languages.org.uk/2014/05/why-learn-german-answers-since-1600/

Best,

Nicola

Dr Nicola McLelland

Head of Department, German Studies

School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies (CLAS)

University of Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK

Tel. +44 (0)115 951 5822

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/german/staff/nicola.mclelland

Project website: History of modern foreign language education in the UK and Europe: http://historyofmfl.weebly.com/

Editor, Language & History,  the ISI-indexed journal of the Henry Sweet Society: http://www.maney.co.uk/index.php/journals/lhi/

Latest book: J.G. Schottelius's Ausführliche Arbeit von der Teutschen Haubtsprache (1663) and its place in early modern European vernacular language study (Oxford: Blackwell) http://www.wiley-vch.de/publish/dt/books/ISBN978-1-4443-3961-1

Words of the world: http://www.wordsoftheworld.co.uk/ See Deutsch, Achtung, and the rest.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.