From: JISCmail German Studies List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lorenzo Costaguta <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 15 June 2014 03:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: help with German handwriting

Dear All,

I am new in this group so I hope my message fits all the standards required.

I am a PhD student in American history, and for my project I recently visited an archive where I looked at correspondence in German from the second half of the nineteenth century. I am having a very difficult time to read the handwriting. And by this I mean that I cannot understand almost anything at all of what it is written in this letter! I read German (even if with the help of a good dictionary), but the problem here is to transcribe the signs into something comprehensible.

Can anyone help me with that? I can provide samples of the documents.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Lorenzo Costaguta

PhD Candidate
Department of American and Canadian Studies
School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies
University of Nottingham, UK

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.