Hi Nan,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are seeing differences between A masked with B>0 and B masked with A>0.  This is what I would expect to see.  Consider dividing the voxels up into different categories:
 1 - A>threshold, and B>threshold  (i.e. both significant)
 2 - A>threshold, and 0<B<threshold
 3 - B>threshold, and 0<A<threshold
 4 - 0<A<threshold, and 0<B<threshold
 5 - All others

If you test A masked with B (not B>0, but B) then you'd only see voxels in category 1.

If you test A masked with B>0 then you'd see voxels in categories 1 and 2.

If you test B masked with A>0 then you'd see voxels in categories 1 and 3.

You would never see voxels in categories 4 or 5, but the variations in your results are likely to be due to the voxels in categories 2 and 3.

All the best,
	Mark