Hi,

Just to add to this, you might be interested in the tool aff2rigid, as this takes an affine registration matrix to standard space and creates a rigid-body registration matrix from it such that it aligns the AC-PC line and mid-sagittal plane.  So to use this you need to perform a 12 DOF registration to standard space, run aff2rigid on the result, and then apply this matrix to transform the original image.

Note that this is not necessary for running VBM, so the above is only needed if you are interested in having rigid-body AC-PC aligned images, but these results will not be used in VBM.

All the best,
Mark